Monday, March 1, 2010

The whiz man will never fit you like the whiz kid did...*


I am so ridiculously grumpy today.  I would like nothing more than to have the biggest temper tantrum EVER. And my biggest temper tantrum would include throwing my laptop down the stairs while screaming as loud as I could and then tracking down (and punching) this stupid lady that keeps calling here thinking I'm someone else and yelling at me because I don't know the answers to her questions.  ARGH. 

I'm counting down the minutes until I can go to the gym.  Only 70 minutes left.  I can maybe make it. 

Ok, let's talk about happy things.

I went running outside yesterday.  I think it was only the second time I've managed to go running outside since I hurt my knee.  I'm not entirely sure you can call it "running" since I only went a mile, but it was nice just to be outside moving.  The best part was at .98 miles when I was feeling a slight twinge in my knee and I decided it would be a good idea to stop as soon as I hit the mile marker.  And proceeded to roll my ankle.  It hurt.  A lot. 

At the same time I had to laugh.  Who else would turn their ankle with .02 miles left to run.  So...I just kind of hobbled that last little bit and stopped and walked.  By the time I got back to my car it was fine, but I seriously don't understand how I can be such a klutz. 

So big questions for today...do I attempt to run again...or do I just stick with lifting?  I know that I WANT to go running, but I get the feeling it would probably be better if I just lifted.  Which makes me sad. 

Anyways, in addition to running, I had lots of knitting fun this weekend.  I would like to announce that Christmas is now officially over.  I realize that for most people Christmas was over about 2 months ago...but I'm slow.  I like to stretch things out.

I finally finished K's Christmas gift on Friday and after much cursing and frustration, I finally was able to hand her a finished pair of socks.  I've never in my life had such a difficult time making a pair of socks.  And, to make things worse...I had to modify the pattern I was following, and I wrote lots of notes about what I did so that the second sock would match.  And.......I lost the paper with my notes.  So I was making the second sock up as I went along.

It didn't end up terrible...but it was SO FRUSTRATING trying to figure out what I had done with the first sock in order to repeat it on the second sock.  K just laughed at me every time I cursed.  I will never make these socks again (although they look so cool) and have the fun name of "Vampire Boyfriend" socks. 



So this is the basic idea, except I made them in purple.  It was a ridiculous amount of cabling and wanting to punch people while making them. 

I also started this sweater for my sister L (February Lady Sweater).



However, my sister's sweater is going to be pink.  And possibly will have long sleeves as opposed to 3/4 length (however, she still hasn't told me which she prefers so I may just end up making what I feel like). 

Lastly, I started to make the gloves for JS (she is making me an awesome necklace as a trade).  I finished one glove already...and I'll post the ones I've actually made later.  But this is what they should like like when finished (except mine will be purple).  They will hopefully be done tonight so I can mail them tomorrow.  If not, definitely by tomorrow night. The pattern is "dashing".


So, lot's of knitting took place and I have a lot more to do. 

Now I just need to figure out what baby blanket to make for my sister.  Should be fun.  :-)

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!


*Ben Folds

0 comments:

Post a Comment