Monday, March 29, 2010

Show a little faith there's magic in the night. You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright.*


I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Friday, I went out to Outback with a bunch of people from work plus the 5 contractors we have up here doing some work for us.  Yay big party.  We ate some good steak, drank a few beers and just had a good time hanging out. 

Then, as we were leaving, we decided we weren't quite ready to go home so we were going to meet up at a bar near the contractor's hotel.  Yay more beer!

What a fiasco it was getting there.  I left the restaurant and started driving the wrong way.  I'm not sure what I was thinking...but I started driving to the wrong bar thinking that's where we were meeting up.  I finally realized what I was doing, and turned around to go back the other way...except I didn't know exactly where I was or how to get where I wanted to be. 

Yay Google Maps on my phone!  Like a GPS device.  Except FAIL!  Google maps sucks and I don't know why I keep thinking they don't.  They had me out in the middle of East Bumblefuck Virginia with NO clue where I was.  I was literally on a 2 lane road in the middle of the woods with NOTHING around me and no lights or anything. 

At this point I had been driving about half an hour and was running low on gas.  Then, I drive through a DUI checkpoint.  Whatever, I was sober, I didn't really care.  But apparently the guy in front of me wasn't?  Either way it took me almost half an hour to get through the checkpoint. 

I finally found a gas station (just as my gas light came on) and got some gas and found out where I was and headed back on the road.  (At this point they were all calling me trying to find out where the hell I was).  I kept telling them I'd be there...just not sure when...and a dog ran in front of my car. 

I slammed on the brakes and just barely tapped the dog but he definitely fell over and I was convinced he was dead.  I freaked out.  I didn't really want to get out of the car on this road (I swear to God it was like a horror movie scene.  The road was all dark and foggy and NOBODY else was around for MILES and I was waiting for the killer to jump out of the bushes on the side of the raod), but I also didn't want to just leave the dog there in case it could be saved or something. 

So, I get out of the car and slowly approach the dog.  I was a few inches from the dog and was just bending down to check on him, and he JUMPED UP in my face, and barked a few times and then ran away.  I screamed and jumped back and ran to my car.  So I have no idea if he was ok.  I assume he was since he ran away and didn't appear to be limping, and I saw no blood on the road.  But, not entirely sure. 

At this point, I contemplated just giving up and going home, and the guys called again to find out where I was.  I was probably about 10 miles away at this point and decided I wanted a beer. 

I FINALLY arrive at the bar (it should have been a 20 minute drive...took me close to an hour and a half sigh), and the guys are already trashed.  And there was some awful karaoke going on.  Some guy BUTCHERED Bruce Springsteen.  It was truly cringe worthy. 

We will not discuss the rest of the evening.  Other than to say, I finally got home around 2:30ish...and had to be back at work at 7 on Saturday.  I got about 3 hours of sleep and felt like shit when I woke up and had to go to work. 

Saturday was NOT an enjoyable day.  AT ALL. 

Then, yesterday, I was finally feeling better again, and apparently I ate something at dinner that didn't completely agree with me because my tummy was feeling all jumbly this morning.  It's finally starting to feel better...but come on.  Seriously? 

I just want to go back home now.

*Bruce Springsteen

0 comments:

Post a Comment