Friday, March 26, 2010

Futher more I'm cornier than ethanol, cheesier than provolone*

When I was a kid, I never liked to go to the dentist, but I never dreaded it either because I LOVED my dentist.  Seriously LOVED him.  Dr. G was awesome (and I loved the old train station his office was in as well).  When I first moved down here I actually drove back home to get my teeth cleaned by him. 

Unfortunately, he passed away within my first year of being here, and I had to find a new dentist.  The dentist I went to just kind of sucked in comparison and I dreaded going to him.  I had an appointment with him almost 3 years ago that I had to cancel because I was traveling for work at the time...and I just never rescheduled. 

So, I just put off going to the dentist for almost 3 years because I didn't want to go back to that guy, and I never bothered to find a new one (that's not entirely true, until last month every time I checked our insurance website it kept telling me there were no dentists within 100 miles of where I lived which is obviously false...I just never went any farther in my looking for a new one).  Anyways, I finally broke down and found a dentist.

I had my first cleaning/check-up in almost 3 years.  It sucked.  My teeth hurt.  However, I really liked the place I went to.  It kind of reminds me of the old dentist office (except this one isn't housed in an old train station).  But it had the same small practice feel and I liked the guy who cleaned my teeth.  He was VERY thorough and my teeth feel super clean.  And he didn't lecture me or talk to me like I was kid who wasn't taking good care of my teeth (obviously I know I'm not).  He was just really nice about everything and explained everything to me without talking down to me. 

So, I finally find a dentist I like...and I'm leaving in 6 months.  Of course haha. 

But I have a few cavities that need to get filled (ugh) including one on the side of my back tooth that apparently is a very common place to get cavities (hard to get your toothbrush in that side) but also really hard to fill (also hard to get the drill and such there).  Irritatingly, I have two cavities on one side and one cavity on the other side of my mouth.  So, I can't get them all filled at once.  I have to go back two different times. 

Argh.  Stupid teeth. 

Anyways, I'm also bummed I have to work Saturday AND Sunday this weekend.  I thought I was only going to have to work one of those days.  Man...the good news just keeps coming and coming.  Sigh. 

So, hope everyone has a better weekend than me!

*Spose

0 comments:

Post a Comment