Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Making sense about as much as nonsense is meant to make sense*


I decided I really wanted to go running yesterday.  I got to the gym and changed and went to the treadmill.  Took about 10 steps and had to stop. 

I'm not sure if running the other day did something to my knee, or if it was just a bad day, but my knee wouldn't really hold me up.  It kept trying to give out and was killing me. 

So...walked for 5 minutes and lifted for the rest of the time. 

Fail. 

Moving on.  I messed up today.  I received an email from a security person at the same time I received an email from a co-worker who had forwarded me a ridiculous request from one of our contractors.  I hit reply to the security guy but answered the co-worker with a comment basically saying the guy is a moron and I have no idea what he is talking about.  Unfortunately, the email from the security guy could have also been answered that way (even though I wasn't THINKING that about him).

So...I basically sent an asshole email to the security guy COMPLETELY by accident and not even about him...and he gets his email on his blackberry so he received it basically RIGHT AWAY before I could recall it.  I followed it up as quickly as I could with an apology telling him I DID NOT mean to reply that to him and it was not at all ABOUT him.  But it totally sounds like a cop-out answer.  Like, yeah, whoops my bad didn't mean to call you an asshole to your FACE. 

UGH.  So I have no idea if he believes me that I didn't really mean him...or if he now just thinks I'm an asshole.  Go me.  Way to piss off security. 

Double Fail. 

I also called a vendor about a cleaning solution we would like to try in our department.  She was supposed to have called me A WEEK agao with some information but I haven't heard from her.  So I called again (ugh I HATE calling people!).  Maybe I should have waited.  I was still so flustered from the email mistake that I made NO SENSE on her voice mail.  As in, she's going to think I'm a moron. 

So...three strikes...I'm out.

I plan to spend the rest of the day avoiding ALL people and just writing some operating procedures. 

Sigh.  Is it Friday yet?

*Snow Patrol

0 comments:

Post a Comment