Thursday, February 25, 2010

I don't know how it gets better than this...*


Ahem...

I need to clear my throat for this little mini-rant. 

Why is it SO FREAKING HARD for Starbucks to realize that yes, I DO want skim milk and whip cream?  Why is this such a foreign concept to them?

I can't drink whole milk, it makes me gassy and gives me upset tummy issues, and in general makes me very unpleasant to be around.  Hence the skim milk.  HOWEVER, I like that the whip cream makes my drink taste a little richer and better, and I can almost pretend I'm drinking whole milk!  Hence the whip cream.  I have gone to the same starbucks at least once a week since I've moved, and even before I moved, I would stop there sometimes on my way to work.  I order THE SAME THING EVERY TIME.  This should NOT be THIS difficult.  But, every time it's the same argument.  I order a medium mocha with skim milk and whip cream (I also refuse to call it by the stupid "grande" name...REFUSE) and every time they write down non-fat, no whip.  WHY? 

I finally convince the cashier that yes, I want whip cream, and she finally relays it to the barrista to change the order.  But I get my coffee...and there is NEVER whip cream on it.  I finally just gave up this morning and left.  They have finally broken me. 

Starbucks, oh how I loathe you.  And if there were any other coffee shops remotely close to me...I would so be going there instead. 

ARGH!

Anyways, another thing making me sad...Westbrook is no longer an Eagle. 

And this is going to sound stupid, but Westbrook, Dawkins, and McNabb were  my trio of Eagle-ness.  They were why I loved the Eagles so much.  And last season, we dropped Dawkins (which was so STUPID...and I STILL think that), and while I understand from a business sense why they dropped Westbrook this year, I'm still so sad.  All that's left of my Eagles is McNabb...and he's getting old and is already underappreciated which makes me think he's going to be gone soon as well and I have to confess, the love I had for the Eagles in past years just hasn't been there the past couple of seasons.   

A friend of mine wrote it best..."I will continue to hate on a team I used to love.  I understand he is older and broke down, but my hate stems from Andy Reid wasting Westbrook's years here with bad play calling and mediocre football". 

I so agree.

*Taylor Swift

0 comments:

Post a Comment