Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How am i supposed to know that you're high if you won't even dance?*



This is kind of how I feel at the gym while I'm watching ESPN on the treadmill and realizing I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.  I don't really get baseball (sorry to all you baseball fans out there).  I miss football this time of year.
BASEBALL
see more Sports Pictures

Speaking of the gym...holy crap A the new trainer (who isn't exactly NEW anymore...but that is still his name) is kicking my ass this week.  I realize that's what he's there for...but sometimes, a little less ass kicking would be nice. 

I think he is determined to believe that I am stronger than I really am.  It's really annoying. 

Monday was a long 45 minutes of circuit training.  EVIL circuit training.  Tuesday was a bunch of hill intervals.  Granted, they were pretty lame hill intervals.  Since I'm not allowed to run a lot, I did a bunch of 1.5 minute "sprints" and 1.5 minutes walking on an incline of 5 and then 8.  Since I was unsure how my knee would hold up, I went really slow yesterday.  My "sprints" were more of a slow run, but whatever.  My knee held up the entire time and I'll just increase the speed next time.  Today will consist of a short 15 minute evil circuit training, and then 30 minutes of some sort of cardio (I really want to run but I'll probably do the elliptical...lame).  Yay off tomorrow.  Then Friday will be 25 minutes of evil circuit training and 20-25 minutes of cardio.  I'll probably try the hill intervals at a quicker pace. 

Yeah.  I realize it's not that tough a week, but those circuits are seriously evil.  I HATE them.  Also, I'm having the worse cramps this week, and my stomach muscles are sore from the new circuit.  All in all...I just want to wear yoga pants all day.  Regular clothes hurt too much right now. 

That's how great I'm feeling...how about you?

On a happy knitting note...I feel like I've made a lot of stuff this past week or two.  I finished a pair of socks.  Not sure what I'm going to do with them...I may save them as a Christmas gift.  I also started my own sock of the month club (trying to use up some of my awesome sock yarn).  I just found a bunch of sock patterns I really liked, and paired them up with some yarn and put them in a bag ready to be pulled at the beginning of each  month.  That way, I don't have to worry about what pattern I'm doing or what yarn to use.  It's already done for me.  (Yes, it IS a very lame sock club...but at least this way I have a guaranteed 9 pairs of socks already ready to be made). 

I also finished L's hat and am almost done with her scarf.  However, it's pretty much way to warm for her to be needing them...so I was thinking I should save them for later (that way I'm not giving her something she can't use for another year). 

I also started two blankets for J's baby girl (surprise...J's pregnant!).  I'm not really giving her two...I just can't decide which pattern I like better...so I started making both until I figure it out.  The one is a lot quicker and I can definitely finish it before little baby arrives, however, the other one is prettier I think, but it will take A LOT longer to finish and I'm not sure when I can have it done.  (J - any preferences?)

So...there's been lots of knitting, lot's of lifting, and lot's of working.  Other than that...not much going on. 

Happy hump day everyone!

*The Hold Steady

0 comments:

Post a Comment