Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We could talk if days weren't so fast, and mistakes just leave it so unsure.*


I had a good run yesterday.  I ran 1.5 miles but I did it in a sneaky way to trick the knee.  (Why yes, you CAN run in a sneaky manner...and knees sometimes need to be tricked!). 

Anyways, I walked a quarter mile, ran a mile, walked a quarter mile, ran half a mile, and walked another quarter mile.  My knee felt fantastic!

I've decided to take this like I'm a complete beginner and I've never run before.  I'm trying to find a beginner 5k training plan and see if I can do something like that to strengthen my knee.  Most of those plans use a walk/run combination to build up the miles, and maybe my knee will respond better to that than to a straight increase in my miles.  Hopefully. 

Hope everyone has a lovely hump day! 

*Ben Kweller

0 comments:

Post a Comment