Thursday, April 1, 2010

People call us renegades, feel like we're living crazy*


I've been feeling kind of oddly let down this week, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I think I'm a little stressed from work and stuff going on in my personal life and it's making me feel a little tired of it all.  Then, there's these weird things in the news I'm not entirely sure how to react to:
  • This story is more just a random piece of news.  However, I have one question...how the hell do they get back home after going to school?
  • Does anyone actually think that the proposed offshore drilling is a good idea?  It makes me curious what "favors" were traded in order to get more drilling?  The timing seems very "convenient" for this to have been announced just a week or so after the health care vote, or is he really just trying to garner more Republican votes for a climate bill.  If that's the case, it seems odd to pass a bill aimed at reducing emissions...while at the same time, developing a plan that CREATES emissions and potentially destroys beaches and wildlife in the oceans.  Ugh.  Actually, I do know how to respond to this.  I am ridiculously annoyed/upset/whatever you want to call it. 
  • On a less serious note, WTF is with all the worms at our place?  I swear, every morning I take Oscar for a walk, there is no less than 50 worms wriggling around on the parking lot  (and a couple thousand of dead, baked worms from previous days).  I used to try and pick up worms that were stuck on the pavement and put them back in the grass/dirt area.  But this is insane.  I could spend ALL DAY picking up these things.  I have never seen so many worms in my life and I really want to know where they all came from!  And I would really like little O to stop trying to eat them.  It's so disgusting. 
  • The Eagles - I think I will be finding myself a new team to love.  I'm truly heartbroken they are looking to trade McNabb (I have no idea why this is so upsetting to me...I don't know him personally.  I think it's just more to do with losing my Eagles trio).  That is the last of my Eagles love...and I have a really hard time loving a team that is just going to make me think of Andy Reid and how much I dislike him.  In some ways, I really want McNabb to be traded and then be the next Randall Cunningham so that all the haters realize that maybe if he had a team to back him up...he'd be freaking awesome.  But, at the same time...I can't really bring myself to cheer for any other team but the Eagles.  I also can't really see anyone offering enough for us to actually trade him this year.  Which means, he'll probably leave as a free agent next year.  But it's sad.  I love my McNabb. 
  • My boss is trying to hook me up with a contractor that we work with.  He lives in NC.  I'm not entirely sure WHY she's trying to hook me up with him and I can't decide if it's sweet or annoying (or possibly both).  At least he's cute :-). 
Anyways, I have a four day weekend and I am SO EXCITED I can barely contain myself.  I feel like I haven't seen my family in forever and I'm excited to go home and see them.  I keep telling myself...just 5 1/2 more months and I'll be back home for good (hopefully). 

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend! 

*Kings of Leon

3 comments:

pickles and dimes said...

I'm sorry about McNabb. I kind of hope the Vikings pick him up. I think he'd do awesome here.

ICK about the worms!

R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R said...

...u should love the jets & maybe the saints next. for sure the jets.
...i totally sympathize with the worms - i always feel the need to rescue them too.
...& the flying fox transportation method seems like a simple way to reduce the number of family members to feed.

Post a Comment