Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oy, ridiculously long meme

I know lots of people are doing this, but I stole it from L at Trapped in North Jersey

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I moved into a hotel for a long term stay.  AND, I moved to PA.  I've never lived in this state before.  It's been interesting.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make New Year's resolutions.  I find that the actual act of making them makes me nervous and just sets myself up for fail  However, last year, I think I said I wanted to exercise at least 3 times a week every week.  I didn't do a TERRIBLE job with this.  For the majority of the year I kept up with this.  I slacked off a lot when I moved up here, but I'm doing better again (ignoring this past week when I was dying of some awesome lung infection). 

I also said I would cook more and eat out less.  I did terribly with that in Virginia, however, since moving up here, surprisingly, I've been eating out A LOT less than I used it.  Which is odd since I have no real kitchen area to cook in.  But I'm doing it! 
So, I did better than I expected on the resolutions, but I have lots of room for improvements. 

I don't think I'm really going to set any resolutions this year, but I have a few things that I plan to continue working on.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister! Yay Baby V!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandfather.  I still expect him to walk down the stairs everytime I go visit my grandma.  It sucks. 

5. What places did you visit?
I went to Costa Rica with L and her husband and kids.  What a lovely trip (in fact, I think that trip was the very first thing I blogged about on my new blog).  I visited places in Virginia I had never been to before.  But, truthfully, I didn't really go anywhere else.  As much as I love traveling, I haven't really gone that many places this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I didn't really LACK anything in 2010.  There are things that I would like to have in 2011, but nothing really that I can say was lacking in my life. 

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 7, 2010.  Found out mid meeting my grandfather had passed away. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I worked up the guts to do something I had been wanting to do for 12 years.  And...that is all the information you will be getting from me. :-)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Um, sadly, I don't really REMEMBER much of my biggest achievement.  Alcohol is bad. 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My knee was originally hurt in 2009 I believe, but it continued to plague me for much of 2010. So I will count that. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't really buy anything big or exciting.  Just kind of boring necessities. 
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends were awesome.  They were so supportive and understanding of me this year.  I couldn't ask for a better support group. 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This question sucks.  I'm not answering.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Nowhere exciting.  Mostly just paying off debt or into savings.  Super fun. 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Costa Rica.  Meeting Baby V.  And I don't know if this counts as a "really, really, really" excited, but I was excited to move back north and to re-get to know old friends I had lost touch with. 
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Bottoms Up by Trey Songz

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? much happier
b) thinner or fatter? I think I'm actually exactly the same.
c) richer or poorer? I don't have a lot more money in the bank compared to last year, but I do have a lot less debt, so I count that as richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I feel like I'm actually pretty happy with my 2010 year and I wouldn't really change much.  Maybe I wish I had saved more at the beginning of the year? 
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had not let stupid people get to me as often.  I wish I had learned to take things less personally. 
20. How did you spend Christmas this year?
Same as always, Christmas Eve helping my mom wrap gifts, and Christmas day with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Um, there were moments.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I became obsessed with NCIS.  It's sad, I know.

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2010?
I had to go to work.  Then, we went out to dinner and the bars with some of my friends. 

24. What was the best book you read?
The Physics of Superheroes: Spectacular Second Edition by James Kakalios.  Seriously, this book is really interesting and educational at the same time. :-)
25. What did you want and get?
A new mp3 player.  I put off buying one for so long, that I got it as a Christmas gift and it's awesome.  I also wanted a new camera, and L gave me her old one.  I'm on fi-ah with the gifts this year. 
26. What did you want and not get?
I wanted a new car.  However, I did not NEED a new car and thus did not get one. 
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm- I liked a lot of movies this year.  I can't pick just one.  However, the most recent movie I saw and liked this year was Easy A.  Very cute.

28. Did you make some new friends this year?
I became friends with people I was previously only acquaintances with.  I also renewed some old friendships.  I think this counts.

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Seriously, I'm happy with my past year.  I don't know that it could have become immeasurably more satisfying.  Maybe losing tons of weight and winning the NY marathon?  I mean, if I'm going for something that is impossible...might as well go big right?
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Casual, cardigans, khakis, comfortable. 

31. What kept you sane?
Talking to Revolting R and my sisters and running.  Always with the running.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Seriously?  Um...I like Emma Stone and Ellen Page.  I have huge girl crushes on them. 
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
gay rights.  Argh.  are we really in 2010 and still don't believe in equal rights for everyone?

34. Who did you miss?
My grandfather, Revolting R, and all my friends I left in VA.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's ALL small stuff. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment