Monday, December 13, 2010

We're just tryin' to be friendly, Come and watch us sing and play*

So, the ugly monkey.

More progress has been made.  The ugly monkey has a face, a very busted face, but a face none the less.  
  


I'm not going to lie, I made the face and thought the monkey got even uglier.  Which I didn't think was even possible.  Then, I started making the dress.  And oh the dress.  Looks HIDEOUS on the needles.  I couldn't understand what these whack-job pattern writers were thinking.  

Then, I decided to see what I thought of the monkey with the dress so I could decide if I was completely wasting my time trying to make this, or if it was salvageable.  

The dress is only half finished, so it's quite...short and indecent right now.  But, oh what a difference it makes!





 She actually, kind of looks like a SHE, and not hideously ugly.  I'm amazed at the difference an ugly dress makes.  I'm slowly starting to LIKE the monkey and I'm not as horrified to give it as a gift.  It looks kind of like a sock monkey!

I'm speechless.  :-)

On a completely different note.  It's cold again today (obviously not 20" of snow cold...but cold anyway). I went for my run this evening and did not really protect myself clothing wise as I maybe should have.  I was warm enough once I started running (as in not shivering or anything like that), but my legs need more protection I think.  The wind was so bad, that about halfway through I realized my skin felt numb from the waist down.

It was not the most pleasant of feelings.  I may have to start doubling up my pants.  Blah.

And just to give you an idea of how windy it is here.  I took Oscar out for his last walk of the day, and the wind blew him over.  Literally, blew him off his feet on to his side.

I am the meanest mom b/c I just laughed hysterically at him while he looked around with a WTF just happened look on his face.  Poor little thing.  I guess he needs to gain some weight or something!

*The Monkees

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I think she is looking soooo cute! Can't wait to get her xmas morning.

Post a Comment