Sunday, December 26, 2010

I want to be where your heart is home*

Things that made Christmas awesome this year:
  • Awesome friends.  On Thursday, I was hanging out with Revolting R (yeah, sorry, that name is still sticking) and was already having a great time.  We got sushi and made fun of the mail order bride and her suitor sitting next to us (seriously, these people were hysterical and their conversation was painfully awkward).  It was just like old times and I was having a blast.  Then, Mike stopped by on his way home and gave me an unexpected Christmas gift.  A while ago, I complained my sansa clip was old and didn't have a micro SD slot so it didn't hold a lot of songs.  And, for Christmas...surprise!  A new sansa clip that holds a card for expandable memory.  And...it's blue!  Or purple...or royal blue...whatever you want to call it.  It's pretty!  I put an image of the Sansa Clip below but mine isn't a bright blue as this.  Mine's prettier.  (I have some great friends that apparently DO listen to me when I complain). 
  • An awesome family.   My sisters got me a David Sedaris box set that I've been wanting for forever (and I didn't even have to ask for it, they just noticed it on my wish list on paperbackswap.com and got it for me).  My mom and dad got me some great things, including an apron my mom made me and some orange kitchen tools (like measuring spoons and such).  My aunts got me a leash to use while walking Oscar (it has a built in flashlight and baggie compartment) and a chew toy that Oscar loved so much he pretty much has already killed it.  My uncle gave me this beautiful square bowl that I can't wait to display (And it's SQUARE!  NOT ROUND!  My favorite!).  And of course, gift cards to bookstores.  So excited.  I unfortunately do not have any fun pictures to post here.  I didn't really take any pictures of my gifts yet.  That will be later. 
  • Awesome nieces and nephews.  Seriously, the cuteness is just overwhelming!




All in all, it was just a generally awesome Christmas, and now I'm snowed in at my parents.  I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not :-)  (Also, if the pictures line up funny, I apologize.  I spent a ridiculous long time fighting blogger to make them line up as I wanted.  And it's not working on my laptop.  Hopefully it looks normal to everyone else).  Argh. 

*She and Him

0 comments:

Post a Comment