Saturday, January 1, 2011

What I've succumbed to is making me numb*

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year!

Mine was lovely.  J and JP hosted a rock your face off live karaoke party.  This is so much cooler than just a karaoke party.  Basically, JP and some of his friends form a band for the night.  We give advanced requests for the songs we want to sing, and they learn the songs.  Then, at the party, "the band" plays the songs and the lyrics are projected up on the wall and you sing.  So you're totally like a real rockstar!  It's so much fun!

I sang "Float On" by Modest Mouse and I won 2nd place for being awesome!  (Seriously, my sister and her husband put on the best parties...they even have PRIZES for people).  I got a fun new t-shirt.  And I drank a Lithuanian (I think?) alcohol that tastes like honey with a burn (it tastes like burning).  Oh, it's so yummy.  And totally kicks your ass.  

I came back today and housekeeping had cleaned my room for me (they even cleaned/straightened my desk etc).  Which is lovely.  However, something was bothering me about my desk and I couldn't really figure out what was off (seriously, I was really rough this morning.  I'm amazed I was even aware enough to notice there was something off).  



I was lying on the couch and finally figured it out (and I refused to get up and take a better picture).  Apparently my desk light got cold while I was gone. 

And, I have to start the year off with the adorable dog I almost sat on.  Luckily he stuck his head out of  the blanket right before I sat.  I couldn't resist taking his picture.

He's just too adorable.  :-)

*No Doubt

0 comments:

Post a Comment