Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Things, they have changed in such a permanent way*

So, I FINALLY finished my JUNE sock of the month club socks.  Um.  Yes.  That would be a big fail. 

However, honestly, it is a self-imposed sock club.  And really, who cares if I don't finish all the socks in my allotted time?  I'm still not sure what I'm even planning to do with all these socks I make anyway, so a couple of socks not being made are not going to hurt anyone. 

Anyways, I ADORED this yarn.  I loved it so much I never wanted to use it because I would be sad it was gone.  Yes, read that again...I didn't want to use it because I didn't want it to be gone.  That's just crazy talk.  But OH...THE COLORS!  And the softness.  And the pretty-ness!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

But, I sucked it up, and made the Mad Color Weave (don't bother clicking if you don't have Ravelry).  The socks had an interesting stitch pattern.  Kind of a cable...kind of a drop stitch.  All in all, it was a quick knit (ignore the fact that it appeared to take 3 months to knit...)

Anyways, the socks are shown below:


Now, ignore the drab appearance.  I STILL haven't bought a new camera, and it's taken with my cell phone so the colors are nowhere near as lovely looking as they are in person.  Imagine BRIGHT pink, BRIGHT yellow, BRIGHT orange, and DARK purple. 

They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!  (However, the lighting makes my legs appear tan as opposed to blindingly white so that's a plus). 

Unfortunately, the heel of these socks kind of irritate me.  So, I will most likely not keep them.  Which is sad...because HELLO YARN!!!

Also, the more irritated I get, the more I go running.  SO...in the long run, maybe all this pissing me off is actually GOOD for me in the long run. 

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

*The Strokes

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

hmm...no pompoms?

Post a Comment