Thursday, August 5, 2010

And all of the walls that they built in the seventies finally fall*

Bullet time again!  Yay!  (Sorry, it's too hot to think in coherent paragraphs...)
  • Prop 8 was overturned.  This makes me very happy.  However, I don't understand how a stay can be issued for a case that they declared unconstitutional.  I feel like they made the decision that they are discriminating, but people are still allowed to discriminate until August.  Makes no sense to me.  However, it's at least a step in the right direction (at least in my opinion) and I just hope the decision is upheld.  I'm curious what impact this will have on the rest of the country (if any). 
  • My last day here is in 29 days (and if I don't count today or my last day here...it's really only 27!)  I have a calendar hanging up and I'm crossing off the days.  I'm so excited for my new position
  • I went and got my car inspected, oil changed, etc on Tuesday.  They agreed my brakes needed to be changed this time (no more re-generating brakes).  I spent more money than I like to spend on my car, however, when I brake, I feel myself actually stopping and I feel so much safer than I did before.  Yay new brakes!
  • I took a local kid back to school shopping on Tuesday morning.  Our company sponsors the local Y and we get to buy the more needy local children clothes for back to school.  It's really fun.  My kid was really shy and barely talked, but it was fun picking out clothes and putting together outfits for someone (and spending the company's money to do it). 
  • I've been running and lifting a lot this week.  I'm excited.  And runing on the hills at the park is making me faster.  I usually average around a 12 min mile at the park.  (I will say, it's hilly and it's been ridiculous hot which also makes me slower than I would like).  However, yesterday I broke down and ran on the treadmill at the gym and ran a mile in 8 minutes.  I then proceeded to want to die and ran my second mile in about 10 or 11 minutes.  But my point is I ran it much quicker than I normally do.  Yay speed!
  • I think once a week I am going to force myself to run on the treadmill and just focus on running quicker.  I think next weeks goal will be two miles at a 9 min/mile pace.  Just to see if I can maintain.  :-) 
  • I'm pretty boring.  Haven't really done anything too exciting lately.  So...I'm gonna stop this now.
Have a lovely day! 

J - Hope your birthday was wonderful yesterday!

*Arcade Fire (thanks for the new band J!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment