Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'd rather fall myself than let you drag me on down*

I had a mini-breakdown this morning at the gym. 

I dragged my ass into the gym at 6:30 to work out again with A the new trainer.  Apparently LAST time, I was so stupid I couldn't figure out how to do the dead lift properly and we spent an ENTIRE HOUR doing nothing but correcting my form (that was like a hundred lifts).  So...I came back again this morning to work with him to do the rest of the workout.

Good thing...my dead lifts are f'ing STELLAR!  As in I could be a fitness model showing these things off (well except the whole not skinny part or muscled looking part of the fitness model...but still...you get the idea). 

Bad thing.  I've been sleeping VERY BADLY the past few weeks.  I've noticed that my energy is completely down and even my running is getting really lame.  I was really upset Tuesday after work and I went to go running and I felt like shit the entire time.  I started out intending to do 4 miles...and only managed to finish 2.  And they were the slowest two miles ever...and I had to FORCE myself to finish the last mile...I just wanted to quit so badly.

So, something is not right with me right now.  I think I'm not eating enough/the right type of food.  I'm not sleeping enough, and I know I'm not drinking enough. 

All this adds up to a BAD DAY at the gym.  I usually do an 8 exercise circuit.  I split the circuit into 4 exercises and how ever many reps I'm supposed to do.  Today is a day of 2 sets of 12 reps.  I did the first 4 exercises and both sets no issues.  I made it through the first set of the second 4 with no issue.  Started the second set and almost passed out. 

As in things went black, I got that light headed feeling and A the new trainer kind of had to grab my shoulders to keep me upright.  NOT FUN.

Then, I proceeded to spend HALF AN HOUR just LYING on a weight bench because I wasn't allowed to move.  (Yeah, THAT was embarassing). 

In no way was that workout too difficult for me...I felt FINE up until I almost passed out. And after I was finally allowed to move again, I went and took a shower and felt better. 

So that totally sucked as a way to start the day. 

Hope everyone else had a better day than I did!

*Ben Harper

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I too have been having bouts of light-headedness! I am not pregnant either. At least, I damn well better not be.

Post a Comment