Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Good morning Starshine, the Earth says...Hello!*

Was anyone else confused when fall randomly appeared yesterday? 

It got dark at 5 PM, was all overcast and windy and the temperatures dropped below 60.  Then, when I woke up this morning and took the dog outside around 6, it was still pitch black and the moon was out.  Usually, even if the sun isn't out that early, the moon is gone, and the sun is at least making an effort to peek out.  And it was cold.  I wished I had grabbed my hoodie before heading outside.  It felt like a lovely fall morning, which is weird for August.   

I feel that this year's weather has just been very weird and unpredictable. 

And another random change in topic...

My working out has been really disappointing lately.  I attempted to run again on Monday after lifting, and it was terrible.  The lifting was fine, no major surprises there.  But the running.  WTF???

Again, my legs felt like they weighed 500 lbs each, and I just couldn't get into it.  My breathing wasn't awful, but it was just very out of rhythm.  I could not do it.  All I tried to do was run one 10 minute mile.  On a treadmill.  EASY PEAZY...

Except the exact opposite.  I had to stop and WALK halfway through it.  I managed to "run" a mile in 11:30 which is seriously pathetic.  I'm never THAT slow on the treadmill for ONE mile. 

So that makes two runs in a row that I've had to stop and walk, and that I've felt like I was dragging myself uphill the entire way (granted, the first run I WAS dragging myself uphill...but still).  So, I'm concerned about this.  I need a good run! 

Anyways, I need to go find some contractors.  They are not where they should be and this concerns me. 

Have a lovely day today!

*Hair Cast/ Willy Wonka

0 comments:

Post a Comment