Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If I could be your punk rock princess, You would be my garage band king*

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Mine was busy, but in a great way.

Friday night all my co-workers (well, not all...but the fun ones) took me out for Dinner/Drinks at Bottoms Up Pizza (which is AMAZING pizza...especially for the south...).  Everyone got a little happy, and when I eventually had to drive home, I took a wrong turn (I thought I was on a different road than I was) and ended up in the middle of the ghetto...with no idea how to get out. 

I knew if I kept driving I would eventually get to where I wanted to go, but I wasn't really sure how to get out of that area sooner and still be somewhere recognizable.  I worried about turning down the wrong road and ending up even MORE in the ghetto.  So...I drove through the ghetto at elevenish at night.  And caught every single red light.  That was fun. 

Then, Revolting R came to visit me this weekend (however, there is nothing revolting about her...just an unfortunate name...).  Anyways, so R was here and I had such a good time.

We ate lots of yummy food, spent RIDICULOUS amounts of time at the bookstore and Target (she's a little store deprived further south), and just had a great time hanging out.  It's always too long between visits, but it almost makes it that much more exciting when we do get to see each other. 

Yesterday was a LONG day at work.  I worked a long day (about 12 hours) with lots of machine issues and as I was leaving work, I just couldn't force myself to go to the gym.  So...I went home and ate dinner.  Then I started thinking about the fact that I didn't go to the gym on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (took the rest of the week off after almost passing out on Thursday).  I can't go today because of a doctor's appointment.  So, I got mad at myself and made myself get dressed and came back to work to go to the gym at 8:30 at night. 

I worked out for about an hour and a half and went home and pretty much passed out. 

So, while I'm sure my weekend was not that exciting to READ about...it was very fun to actually DO. 

Happy Tuesday everyone!

*Something Corporate (modified a bit)

2 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

You forgot to say that you talked to your favorite older sister. That was also a fun part of your weekend.

R said...

i had an amazing time!! thanks for having me =)

Post a Comment