Monday, August 16, 2010

so cut me some slack jack and jump in*

And more bullets!
  • I drove  for ridiculous amounts of time this weekend.  Took me about 8 hours of driving on Saturday and then 10 hours of driving on Sunday.  So...I spent 18 hours of driving to spend 20 hours camping. 
  • Having said that...camp was fun.  I loved seeing all my family (even the people I don't really recognize even though we're apparently related).  I especially loved seeing my nieces and nephews.  The nephews showed me the love (received LOTS of hugs and kisses) and little H was adorable with his hand holding and playing. 
  • Little V is super cute (and still SO TINY).  She's so cute I didn't even mind the spitting up on me 4 times.  AND...she didn't cry hysterically when I held her.  In fact, she was pretty good and even slept all snuggled up to me in her carrier while her mom and dad were busy. 
  • Little T still HATES me.  She is quite vocal about it as well.  And as much as I love her, I finally understand how my mom must have felt when I wouldn't stop screaming as a baby.  I am just thankful my mom resisted the urge to shake me (you know...shaken baby syndrome).  I can almost understand how people would get that urge (the urge...not the actual act of shaking them of course). 
  • Camp activities were fun.  I got to "climb" a rock wall.  Except for the fact that I had no shoes on and the wall HURT my feet so I made it maybe a step off the ground before giving up in pain.  Then we did a king swing which was AWESOME!  It basically entailed me being harnessed onto a rope and pulled about 50 feet (how high was I?  I am so bad at judging distances) up in the air and then did a free fall drop and swinging around.  Super fun.  Then we did a zip line (also fun) and the low ropes course.  (I did all this in less than 20 hours keep in mind...).
  • Even more exciting about the zip line was the fact that little J did it.  He climbed up the tree all by himself got onto the platform and hooked into the line.  Then decided he wanted to get back down (except using the ladder).  The lady on the platform suggested he go down on the zip line and kind of pushed him off and he had a BLAST.  He was so excited and wanted to go again.  He's growing up so fast...it's crazy!
  • The campfire was kind of sad.  Grandpa wasn't there so it just wasn't the same.  It was fun, just in a different kind of way.  Hearing all the songs made me miss him, but it was nice to see the whole tradition carrying on.  
All in all, it was a great weekend.  I just never want to get back into my car ever again.  I'm so sick of driving... 

*Dispatch

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I need the lyrics to "my back aches, my booty shakes". My kids like singing it. "Bang bang choo choo train!" And little T doesn't not like you. She doesn't like anybody, not just you :-)

Post a Comment