Thursday, April 15, 2010

Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people*

I'm contemplating signing up for a race in the next few months.  If I did I would attempt to use the Galloway method and hope that I'm not a complete spazz that can't run with walking breaks. 

I just find myself completely unmotivated when it comes to working out.  I can pretty much force myself to lift 3 times a week, but I'm struggling to add cardio in there.  My biggest issue is the only cardio I enjoy is running.  But, obviously I can't run as much as I would like, and I just get miserable when I'm forced to use the elliptical or the bike or basically anything else. 

So, is it completely stupid/insane of me to expect myself to be able to complete a 5k or 10k when I can barely finish 2 miles without my knee wanting to fall off? 

Anyways, I guess I have to FIND a race first before I start planning to run one.  Guess I'll start looking. 

On a completely different note, WTF New York?  I can understand the idea behind this plan. I actually think a small amount of rent a month is a good idea.  Helps people feel independent and learns to budget money.   However, rather than 30-40% of the income going to rent, I would think some kind of mandatory savings plan for these families makes more sense and would get them out of the system sooner.  Even if you want to charge rent, $926/month on a 25k/year salary is INSANE.  That's more than I'm willing to spend on rent right now and I'm not even homeless.  Taking out taxes, I estimate $25k/year is about 20k take home pay (if its even that much).  That much rent is a little over 11k/year.  That leaves a whopping 9k for these people to save each year to get out of the shelters.  And most of that 9k is probably spent on food/medical expenses.  Are they trying to keep these people in the shelters for the rest of their lives???

Sadly, this isn't even the stupidest article I've read today.  I need to stop reading the news.  It's pissing me off. 

*The Refreshments

0 comments:

Post a Comment