Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm gonna miss that smile*

I think my favorite memory of my grandfather is sitting in the living room with him while he would get so excited telling us stories we've heard a million times in the past.  And how excited he got when JP sat for hours with him taping his stories. 

He passed on his nerdy engineering ways to the majority of his family (which is apparently being passed on for two generations so far). 

He was always able to macgyver a solution for just about anything (even if his "solutions" were only considered solutions by him).  When I (and I believe my sisters as well) went to college, he macgyvered me a toolbox with duct tape and wd-40.  His note said "if it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40."  (and people wonder where I get my awful sense of humor).

I'm so happy he got to see J and JP marry (I swear he loved JP more than he loved his own grandkids after he taped his stories) :-P  I'm happy he got to meet his first great-grandkids.  I'm just so sad there's so much he's not going to see. 

I'm going to miss you grandpa. 

*Toby Keith

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa Sarah...love the "macgyvering" memory!
-D

Post a Comment