Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I said it's something free that means a lot to me, when I'm with my friends I feel home.*

How depressing is the news today?
  • Off-shore drilling.  Yeah.  Brilliant idea to do MORE of this. 
  • Goldman-Sachs.  As unpopular as this makes me...I don't think they committed fraud.  The people who bought these investments should have looked into the risks before buying them.  However, having said that, I do agree that it was completely UNETHICAL for them to do this, but not exactly illegal.  I'm not really sure how/what to think about this case. I would like to see some punishment for the ridiculously unethical trading, lending, gambling that the giant Wall Street firms (not just Goldman-Sachs) committed.  So...how do you punish based on business ethics?  Can you?
  • Arizona. People really don't think this is going to lead to racial profiling?  Really?  So, if you run to the store on the corner and forget to grab your papers before leaving the house you can be arrested and left in jail for who knows how long.  This actually has already happened to a friend's brother-in-law.  He had been in our country legally for about a month (with all necessary documentation) and got pulled over for a traffic violation.  And spent 3 days in jail because he didn't speak English and they assumed he was an illegal immigrant.  Needless to say they left Arizona less than 2 weeks after he finally got out.  I support the need for illegal immigration control, but there has to be a better way to handle this. 
And that was just what I read about in the first half hour of the day.  So...I stopped reading the news.  I hope there was happier news as the day went on.  :-) 

I'm tyring to get ready for this weekend.  We have a 3 day weekend, but the other two maintenance type people are on vacation, so I'm covering their days for them.  Which sucks.  I'm going to try and take a comp day next week to make up for not getting any holiday days.  Sigh.  But I somehow doubt it will happen. 

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great day today. 

*O.A.R.

0 comments:

Post a Comment