Monday, April 26, 2010

These old boots still got a lot of ground they ain't covered yet*

So...last week was late 90s music...apparently this week is country and random Snow Patrol songs mixed in. 

Moving on. 

I really wanted to post about our crappy insurance and how I think I have another cyst and need surgery again but I don't want to pay the ridiculous amount of money required to go to the doctor, but I don't really have a choice because it's kind of really hurting.  Then I thought better of it and deleted it.  But just know I'm thinking it. 

Instead, I will talk about my awesome attempt to get to work today. 

I set a self-imposed arrival time at 6 this morning because I really wanted to try and get out of here early.  I woke up at 5 and got out of bed and my pelvic area was really hurting (see above) and I had to sit back down.  Next thing I know it's 7:30 and maybe I should get out of bed now.  Stupid. 

So I get up and dressed and take care of Oscar and I'm out the door by about 7:50 (yay showering the night before!).  I stopped and grabbed a coffee on the way.  I should have been at work by about 8:15, I'm less than 20 minutes away. 

Until I get on 95N and it was backed up for SEVEN miles.  In fact, MORE than seven miles.  It took me over an hour and a half to go less than 15 miles.  I made it to work by about 9:30, so I wasn't super late by the company's standards...but I was over 3 hours later than I had intended to be.  Yay late day today!  (Except the exact opposite of Yay). 

And, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym during lunch, so I still have to go after I leave for the day.  Sigh.  I'm never getting home tonight. 

Even more exciting...my laptop is completely dead which I think I mentioned earlier.  But then, on Friday, right before my 4.5 hour train trip home...my mp3 player died.  WTF?  Can I please stop breaking shit now? 

So I need to buy a new one.  But, I am a little limited to what I can buy because I need a rhapsody compatible one.  I have really liked all the SanDisk ones I've owned...except for the fact that I've broken THREE in the last year and a half.  So...I'm not really sure if it's me or the player (I think it's me...nobody else has these issues), but I kind of don't want to buy another one because I'm sure I'll just break it in another 6 months.  So, the only other one I can buy that's small enough to work out with but still has enough memory on it is way more than I was wanting to spend.

So as of now I'm mp3 player-less.  Grrr. 

My phone has the rhapsody ap on it, which is nice.  But, it only works if my phone has reception.  And seriously, the train ride home has shitty reception and I kept losing the player.  And our gym and work is seriously lined in lead and I have such reception issues.  SO...not really working out for me. 

Sigh.

I'm just  a bowl full of sunshine today aren't I?

Hope everyone is having a much better today ;-)
*Dierks Bentley

0 comments:

Post a Comment