Monday, November 22, 2010

You just smile politely, and I grow weaker inside*

I am not a fan of daylight savings time.  


It's bad enough when it was getting dark at 5:45, and I barely had time to go for a run after work, but now, it's getting dark at 4:45, which means that it's dark before I even leave work.  This is entirely not working for me.  

I also am feeling the lack of reflective clothing in my dresser.  

My daddy gave me his reflective vest to go running in, but honestly, I look like an ass in it (and while I do enjoy being a LIVE ass, it's still not my favorite look).  

I bought a new running jacket, however, it does not have any convenient reflective strips anywhere on it.  I have been attempting to find reflective tape, but apparently nobody around here has ever heard of it, and I can't find it anywhere.

So, I bought some fun reflective stickers that are supposed to be used for biking helmets and made a fun decorative jacket.  I still look like an ass when I wear it (and I bet planes could try to land on this thing, but at least it's more comfortable than that vest thing).  


 Seriously, doesn't this thing look like a landing strip?

So, I took it out for a run the other evening, and it worked wonderfully.

I just hope these things stick long enough until I can find some reflective tape.






*Ben Folds

2 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

Goodness, what lovely pictures you are taking with your new camera.

Reflective Vest said...

High visibility clothing features reflective materials and/or bright colors, such as fluorescent yellows, greens and oranges.

Post a Comment