Wednesday, September 1, 2010

She really gets me high (bam-a-lam) you know that's no lie (bam-a-lam)*

In college I used to go to this little hole in the wall bar that I loved.  My friend was a bartender there and he was the real reason I loved the bar. 

A- he was so adorably cute and I had the BIGGEST CRUSH on him EVER.  It was so big, if he ever moved back to the USA and needed a wife THIS INSTANT and had nobody else and he asked me...I'd be like can we get married now?  Even though I haven't seen him in about 5 years. 

B- I don't think I ever paid for a drink when I went to the bar.  Even on the times we had a huge number of people and ran up a couple hundred dollars tab.  The tab always was mysteriously already "paid for" when we went to close it.  Or it was "missing".  Seriously.  BEST. BAR/BARTENDER. EVER.

Anyways, at the end of the night, the bar always played "black betty" and all the girls would get up and dance on the bar (I only did it once and have no recollection of that night, so I still deny it ever happened).  It was a real classy place.  I haven't heard that song since my last time at the bar. 

Until about a month ago when I started hearing it EVERYWHERE.  The maintenance techs play it in the shop all the time.  I hear it on the radio.  I hear it in freaking restaurants.  I can't escape the song.  I even heard it first thing this morning walking into work.

But everytime I hear it, I think of the buda bar and it makes me smile :-)

*Ram Jam

0 comments:

Post a Comment