Sunday, September 26, 2010

At worst I feel bad for a while, but then I just smile, I go ahead and smile*

I am so tired.  I need another day in my weekend to recover from the rest of the weekend.  

Friday, I drove down to Delaware to visit J and Baby V and go to a yarn store to find yarn for Baby V's costume.  I won't tell you what she's going to be, but this green blob I knitted is going to hopefully get turned into a big part of it (after some finishing work is done by J).  


Any guesses what she's going to be?  

If this doesn't work I can try a different pattern and should still have enough time to finish it.  :-)  I can't wait to see the cuteness she will be.  

Saturday night, LL and KC came to visit and we went to Pennhurst Asylum.  I love being scared and I had very high hopes for the  event.  And, I had good time, but it could have been SO MUCH BETTER.  The groups they had walking through were too big, and we were at the back of the group, so we were always walking into the room right after the people jumped out.  So, we were like, oh yeah, that WOULD have been scary...if we were there.   And they didn't do enough bait and scare.  In fact they only did it once.  One guy distracted the girl and another one snuck up and scared the crap out of her.

There was one point in the tunnels underneath that made me freak out.  LL and I were walking ahead of KC and it was dark and there were flickering lights and I was so busy looking ahead, that when someone grabbed my back, I thought it was KC.  So I look back and it was NOT KC.  In fact I had a scary face in my face.  That made me jump.

So, all in all, it was entertaining (and interesting to see the asylum), but not as scary as it could have been. However, oddly enough as we were leaving, there were people at the entrance complaining to the management about how scary/offensive it was.

Seriously?

Then, Sunday, my mom and dad came up for breakfast and we found a lovely diner about 10 minutes from the hotel.  Their food was really good and they were CRAZY quick.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my parents to come out here for breakfast more often :-)

After they left, I came back and did some laundry and straightened up a bit.  Then I went for a 3 mile run (Ugh, the "driveway" into the hotel kills me at the end of every run.  Stupid hill!) and came back home to watch some football and knit (quite the incongruous pairing no?).

Unfortunately, the Giants game was so boring (seriously, how many penalties can you get?) and they weren't showing anything else that early.  I'm currently watching the Eagles game, but the sound on my TV on this channel is driving me insane and I'm not sure how much longer it will be on.

Sadly, the Pretty Pink Princesses seem to be under the misconception that we are in a fantasy golf league.  They are seriously aiming to have the lowest score each week.  We are so terrible.  And there's really no free agents to pick up to make it any better.  I've decided to switch my mindset and just pretend we're playing golf.  At least it keeps me in a better state of mind  :-)

*Lily Allen

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

an octopus. I thought she was going to be a ladybug?

Post a Comment