Thursday, September 23, 2010

So make sure you're thinking it through, you've let me down again*

There is a group of guys that were staying at the hotel last week and went home for the weekend but apparently came back again this week. The one guy in the group is weird (he’s cute…but really weird). He constantly stares at me. Doesn’t smile or say hi or anything to acknowledge that he’s staring AT me, but he definitely is. And it’s been quite awkward. I feel embarrassed to even look in his general direction anymore. Like maybe I have spinach stuck in my teeth, or my hair is sticking straight up, or I have a booger hanging out my nose and it’s like a train wreck and he just can’t look away.

Examples:

  • He stared at me for the entire length of dinner last Wednesday night.
  • He stared at me while I was downstairs Thursday night grabbing my food to bring it back to my room.
  • He stared at me for his entire checkout process last Friday morning while I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my ride to come downstairs. (Keep in mind he had to blatantly turn his back to the guy checking him out of his room in order to do this so he wasn’t even subtle about it).
  • He stared at me for the entire length of dinner last night.
  • He stared at me every time I had to walk through the lobby to get my laundry done last night.
FINALLY, he SPOKE to me last night.

I was carrying my laundry back to my room and I ran into him and his other guys (I assume co-workers?) at the elevator. He jokingly asked me if I lived there.

The look on his face when I said, “yes”, was priceless.

Then he got quiet and stared at me some more while his other guys kept talking to me. The elevator reached his floor, and he was the last one off, and kind of looked over his shoulder at me until the door closed.

I’m telling you. I only find the weird ones. 

*The Ting Tings

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

hahaha....maybe he was looking at your knees. Or what you were wearing. ;-) Oh, the irony.

Post a Comment