Monday, September 13, 2010

Vial of hope and a vial of pain. In the light they both look the same*

I had a lovely weekend. 

On Friday, I went out in Princeton with JH and Mike (who isn't really named Mike...) for dinner and drinks.  I haven't seen Mike in 7 years, so it was awesome to see him again.  And like all cool friends, we picked right up like we had just seen each other the day before.

Saturday was spent at little J's birthday party in North Jersey with the family.  Sadly, I have no fun pictures of the party, but here is one my sister L took.

Little J is just too cute.

Then, to show how cool Mike is, he spent his weekend helping me move.  He drove all the way from North Jersey to my parents house in South Jersey, loaded up his car, and then followed me to my hotel outside KOP.  And then did most of the work unloading our cars and bringing the stuff into my new rooms.  He is a great moving buddy! 

We went and saw Machete at the most ridiculously ghetto movie theatre ever.  And the movie was so ridiculously terrible that I loved it.  (Seriously.  Terrible.  So go see it!)

I bailed on my 5k I was supposed to run with J on Sunday morning, and Mike and I spent the day watching football.  And honestly, you can't have a better weekend than that.

Today, I brought Oscar back to the hotel, and he's slowly adjusting.  I think he's confused why we're here and he keeps trying to hide under the furniture.  But, it's nice to have him back with me.  I always miss the little booger when he's not around.

I hope everyone else had as lovely a weekend as I did.

Now I just need to make sure Mike and I do a better job of seeing each other and not go another 7 years before seeing each other again.

And my quick football analysis for anyone interested:

Eagles...ugh.  I'm still not sold on Kolb, however, I was really impressed with how much Vick improved from last season to this one.  I always forget how fast he is.  However, over all...not that impressed with their team.  And that makes me sad. 

Redskins...sort of ugh...but sort of YAY at the same time.  Their offense looked terrible, but their defense looked awesome.  And seriously.  Any game where Dallas wins a game...and then has it taken away for their stupidity is FANTASTIC. 

Pretty Pink Princesses...pretty much ugh.  I'm ahead by 5 points, but I don't think I will win. We each have a player from KC playing, and I think his will probably score more.  And in grand PPP tradition, My bench players were much better than my actual playing players.  Sigh. So.  Blah. 

*Arcade Fire

0 comments:

Post a Comment