Monday, May 2, 2011

I could face the day, and all the long night too...if only it were true*

A reason I couldn't figure out how to cook the chacaya squash last week, is because it's not called a chacaya squash.  It's a Chayote squash.  I did find that on google this evening, and will be attempting to cook it this week.  Fantastic. (By the way, ehow.com is GREAT for learning how to cook/serve things you've never cooked before).

The reason I discovered the correct name?  I went back to Wegman's tonight.  Where I may have overdone it a bit in the produce department.  They had grapes for sale!  And I like grapes.  But, they only had the kind I like in a pre-packaged container.  No bag or bunches for me.  So, I MAY have bought 3 lbs of grapes.  

I have no idea what one does with THREE POUNDS of grapes, but I shall endeavor to find out (I'm thinking maybe one gives a bunch of them away).  I also bought some raspberries, strawberries, and more pepino melons (These things are growing on me.  The more I eat them, the more I like them). 

On a completely unrelated note (I had NO idea how to segue into the new paragraph...sorry), I was rejected from the marathon I had applied for.  Stupid lottery system.  Oh well, there's always next year. So, my running plan has to be completely revamped to train for a half in December instead.  Which, is actually kind of awesome, I can cut back on my runs and go back to the 2-3 mile runs for a little longer instead of the 5-6 mile runs I was doing (that I'm not entirely sure you could even consider them running).  I'll probably actually stick with 3-4 mile runs, but just scaling back a little makes me happy.  

So, I'm trying to take the rejection as a good thing.  I mean, come on, who really wants to run 26.2 miles through the streets of New York anyway? (I do).  

Anyways, hope everyone had a lovely weekend and their week is starting out fantastic.

*The Walkmen

0 comments:

Post a Comment