Monday, May 9, 2011

Should I give up, or should i just keep chasin' pavements*

I spent the weekend helping out at the flower store for mother's day (don't worry, I still went home with flowers and bought dinner for my mom...I'm not a terrible daughter).  I was SO exhausted after working there all weekend (I basically worked about 25 hours in 2 days, standing up on a concrete floor the whole time) that I crashed at my parent's house.  

This means I went straight to work from their house in the morning.  Which means I left my dog with them.  Again.  Sigh.  Poor little Oscar.  

So, this also means that I didn't have my running shoes with me.  However, I DID have my laundry with me which had some running clothes in there.  I thought about it, and I knew if I drove home to get my shoes, I would not come back out to go running.

Therefore, I did my first barefoot run.  

I can't say that I liked it or disliked it.  Yes, I ran differently, and different muscles than normal are sore.  But, who's to say that they're the muscles that SHOULD be sore?  I am definitely not sold on the whole barefoot running concept, even though I know there are a lot of people out there that are.  The ONLY reason I even tried it, is because I didn't have my shoes with me.

My favorite part of the run was actually all the people giving me strange looks.  They definitely did some double takes looking at my feet.  That was fun.

So, what can I say?  Not too exciting.  :-)  

Hope everyone had a lovely mother's day!

*Adele

0 comments:

Post a Comment