Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is looking like a contest, of who can act like they care less*

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  

While most everyone else my age is out at a bar drinking Margaritas, I had a different way of celebrating in mind (A- I am allergic to tequila and B- I have to be at work tomorrow even more insanely early than normal and I would like to sleep tonight).  

My plan was to run five miles for the cinco.  I laugh at my optimism.  

Today was just not really my day.  I overslept, and the one guy at Dunkin Donuts pisses me off b/c he never freaking listens and he made my coffee wrong and it sucked and I didn't drink it, so I was even more tired, and there was an accident so the traffic was horrendous and took me forever to get to work, and it just kept getting better.  At one point today, I managed to fall out of my chair onto the floor.  (Apparently I stretch too hard and just fell out, it was ridiculous).  

I left work later than normal, and got stuck in traffic going home, and all I wanted to do was curl up on my couch and veg all night.  Luckily, the traffic got really crappy at the exit by the park and I took it as a sign to leave the highway and go to the park.  I changed into my running clothes at the park and started out for my jog.  

It was such a NICE day.  I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable the run was.  The weather was perfect, there was a slight breeze, the scenery was beautiful, and I was taking it nice and easy.  I ran two miles, and felt like I could have kept going, but I decided screw it.  

I didn't want to push it so far that I stopped enjoying it, and it's not like I'm training for the marathon, so, cutting it short.  Whatever.  Then, I came home, and the hotel was grilling tonight (woohoo), so ate a hotdog, chayote squash, and strawberries.  Yum.  

Now I'm trying to stay awake long enough to take Oscar outside for his last walk, then I plan to pass out.

*Taylor Swift

0 comments:

Post a Comment