Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ever since you hung up on me, I'm hung up on you*

I have a lot of random things to talk about and they are in no way connected to each other, so this entry is going to be quite incohesive (I'm pretty sure that's a word, but blogger/google does not seem to agree?).  Anyways, yes.  Random topics.  My favorite.

L is cleaning out her house and paring down, which is great for me.  So far, I have beautiful new bedding (I coveted the blanket when she used to have it in her old house) and some new pillows, that I'm not entirely sure I will be using (but at least she doesn't have to move them now), and some kitchen stuff (yay pyrex baking!).  I also got my hands on this:


It's a Kandinsky print that L used to have, then gave it to me when I lived in VA, then asked for it back when she moved up to north Jersey, then she put it in storage (she just didn't want me to have it apparently), but it's mine again!  The colors in this thing is awesome.  I love it.  

She says she will probably have more kitchen things after this weekend.  Score.  (The kitchen is the one place in my old apartment that I had a lot of crappy things, and when I move, I was planning to have to buy entirely new pots and pans, but if I can just supplement with her stuff, even better).  

Anyways, so that Kandinsky is going to be living in my mom and dad's garage until sometime after September (mom you already agreed, you can't take it back!), however, I haven't been home since I've gotten in.  It's currently chilling in the backseat of my car.

I had to take my car in for an oil change and to get this awful rattling noise checked out (oh, the dread I was feeling for the cost of this repair bill).  So, I didn't really want to leave this in the backseat when I took it there (who knows what they do to my car), so I looked like an idiot carrying this thing through the hotel to my room (it's at least 3' x 4', maybe bigger), and then back out to the car this evening.

Luckily, the awful rattling noise was NOT that big a deal.  Just an idler pulley (yeah, I have no idea what that is, but it was cheap, so woot woot).  I've also apparently been driving around with my brake lights out (I feel like that girl in Bridesmaids), and they replaced those for me (no dad, I usually don't pay for them to replace my light bulbs, you've taught me well.  But, I was there, and I figured the extra $20 to replace them was worth not driving out of my way to go buy the lights and replace them myself).  

And, my car, no longer makes that terrible rattle sound (that apparently I was the only one to hear, and I swear that thing was loud as hell, I have no idea how nobody else heard it) and idles much smoother.  I'm much happier.  

Lastly, I bought a cactus pear last week to try and a dragon fruit today to try.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can still eat the cactus pear, it's a little too ripe.  However, I plan to try the dragon fruit tonight, and I'll let you know how it tastes.  :-) 

I promise to buy another cactus pear and let you know how it goes.  :-)

I had other things, but this post is already pretty epic, so more later :-)

*Fountains of Wayne (I have randomly started listening to them again, and remembering how much fun they are.  It also makes me miss passing that store on my way to my old job).

0 comments:

Post a Comment