Monday, October 4, 2010

Take my tears and that's not nearly all*

Football is KILLING me this year.  I can't even bring myself to talk about the horrific performance my princesses, my McNabb, and my Eagles put on this weekend. 

So, I'm going to talk about socks!  Yay socks!


I've completed 4 of my sock of the month self assigned assignments (yeah, I'm totally slacking behind here), and I hadn't really decided what to do with them.  I didn't want to take pictures and post them as they were finished (except my favorite yarn ones!) because I wasn't sure if they were going to be gifts or not.

But, I basically decided they were not going to be gifts (well, not gifts for any particular reason), so I gave them all to J this weekend.  (She's always most appreciative of the socks I give her). 

I forgot to take pictures before giving them to her so I asked her to take some for me and send them to me (it's her payment for getting the socks) :-)  She sent quite the variety and I'm excited.  Some of the pictures are focused more on the exersaucer behind her feet...but you get the idea. 


These are the latest pair I completed.  I finished these on Friday.  My cousin came up to visit and she was so tired Friday night we just stayed in, watched stuff on TV, ate crappy food (it tasted good but was just really bad for us), and knitted.  It was a really nice, relaxing night and I was SO GLAD to finally finish these socks. 

I LOVED this yarn.  It's a wool/alpaca mix so it's really soft and fuzzy and ridiculously warm.  These are not socks you should wear on a daily basis (unless you have really poor circulation and your feet are always cold) because they will make your feet feel like they are in an oven.  These are socks you should wear when you are going to be outside for long periods of time in the winter.  Or sitting curled up on your couch on a winter's night.   


These are the socks I wrote about a while ago.  This was the yarn I absolutely loved and didn't want to use it because it was so pretty.  I still think these socks are so pretty! 


These are my least favorite socks of the four.  I really like the yarn colors and the variagated effects, but I was just really unhappy with how the sock itself turned out.  The cuff and leg is this weird bobbly looking thing (I like ribs and smooth looking socks...I have no idea why I thought this would be a pattern I would like) and the foot is just plain knitting all around.  Nothing to spice it up at all. 

This also led to a smaller foot than normal.  Even though it's the same size as the others (or at least the same number of rows), the sock feels tighter on the foot and not as comfortable.  So, I'm not as happy with this pair as I am with the others.   


But THESE on the other hand are my absolute favorite.  I love pretty much EVERYTHING about these socks.  The yarn is my favorite yarn.  It's super soft and squishy (both to work with and to wear).  I absolutely ADORE the colors and the striping pattern.  And I had a fun time with this pattern.  Of all the socks I've ever made, these are the closest I've come to keeping for myself. 

I just hope J likes them as much as I did.  :-) 

We also did some more work on Baby V's Halloween costume this weekend and I am so excited to see the finished project!!! 

*Soft Cell (it's on the radio right now at work...)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

your favorite pair is my favorite pair too - and they're slimming to the foot ;)

Post a Comment