Monday, October 25, 2010

The thing that I did wrong, was put up with his bullshit for far too long*

Last week was a very frustrating week for me.  However, this weekend was really fun and relaxing and I feel SO MUCH BETTER!  Yay weekend! 


I was walking Oscar Friday morning and saw this outside my hotel.  For those of you who can't see it, It's a hot air balloon floating by the parking lot across the street.  I realize it looks like the balloon is miles away, but it's actually about 200 feet away in the grocery store parking lot.  (Hi family - I would REALLY LIKE A CAMERA for Christmas!  Nothing too fancy, just a nice point and shoot and that can actually show details.  My phone fails at this). 

If you still can't see the balloon...look for the little dot-ish looking thing by the steam from the power plant in the background (to the left of the tree).  That's the balloon.  It was much more impressive looking in person.  It was big and purple and pretty (actually, it kind of looked like it should be representing Crown Royale from the colors and such).  It was just a random thing to see at 7 in the morning and it made me happy. 
I went to DE to visit J and Baby V.  While there, we went and walked around Target in an effort to distract Baby V (and we needed to buy some stuff).  I had intended to buy some rain boots and snow boots (yeah, I haven't really needed snow boots in five years, but I thought maybe I should find some since it usually snows a little in PA and it seems to rain here a lot as well).  However, the rain boots fit funny and did this weird bubbling thing around my ankle.  So I just bought some snow boots that can be used as rain boots.  Irritatingly, I can't find the picture of them online, but they are black with red and black plaid fabric.  And warm.  And dry.  So, whatever, I have boots for snow or rain.  And at half the cost I was expecting to spend.  :-) 

Saturday, I took Oscar to be boarded, and then headed up to North Jersey for Little H's birthday celebration (I can't believe he's 3!!!).  My little nephew has gone from baby to boy so quickly (Hi L- I stole your picture of H!)


I spent a lovely day with my family and relaxed.  I love being closer to my family.  It's nice participating in family functions that I used to have to skip when I lived in VA. 

I stayed for dinner with L and D (yay sushi!) and headed on my way home (with a parting gift of pasta fagiole from L.  She makes the BEST pasta fagiole ever and she usually gives me any leftovers she has...or just makes me my own batch because she's awesome like that). 

Sunday was spent watching football and knitting (all of my knitting is Christmas knitting so nothing can be shown for while...).  The Eagles maintained their pre-bye week loss tradition, and the princesses upheld their terrible play this week and have lost again.  I have managed to win ONE game ALL SEASON.  

And my team is bad I fully admit it, however, I don't think it's AS BAD as my points reflect.  Stupid Braylon Edwards ruined my whole season for me :-P

Anyways, I will now end this epic post on some gratuitous cuteness.  Oh I love his little face.



*The Wreckers

1 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

We are happy you are home again too :-) Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks....and you can pick up all the stuff you left here, like books and cross-stitching.

Post a Comment