Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yeah you got the glue so I'm gonna give my heart to you*

Bullets!
  • I am so ridiculously sore today.  I didn't run very far yesterday, but I tried to run at a quicker than normal pace (it was getting dark, I wanted to get home quickly).  I notice when I do this that I clench my stomach muscles and move my legs differently (I'm weird, get over it).  Today, my hip flexors and my stomach muscles are rebelling.  Holy crap I hurt.
  • I am also super tired today.  I got to work at 5:30 this morning (this means I was awake at 4:30 and out of bed by 4:45).  This totally blows.  I am not a morning person and I have no desire to become one.  Anyone who willingly does this on a daily basis is INSANE (I'm looking at you NH). 
  • I have been eating A LOT of food today.  It's kind of irritating.  I've also been drinking a lot of coffee/caffeine.  I tend to do this when I'm really tired.  It's like the act of eating/drinking will keep me awake.  Except, it's probably just making me MORE tired.  Apparently I lose all sense of logic when I'm tired.
  • I got dressed at 4:45ish this morning.  You can tell. 
  • I pretty much don't really have much of a sense of style to begin with (at least not really a work appropriate one), but have me pick out clothes to wear at 5 in the morning and I guarantee I have absolutely NO sense of style. Around 9 this morning I looked at myself in the mirror and had to laugh (and cringe). 
  • I was wearing a dusty blue colored long sleeve shirt with a weird piping edge around the round neckline and cuffs.  On top of this shirt I had a baby blue short sleeved shirt with a scooped pleated neck and it's kind of a drapey shirt.  No real tailoring to it.  Both of these sound hideously ugly when I describe them but I swear on their own they are both perfectly respectable shirts.  I get compliments on them a lot actually. 
  • However, not together.  They do not even remotely match.
  • I was also wearing navy blue pants and black shoes.  And I brought my green Eagles hoodie as my "coat" this morning.
  • Honestly, I have NO idea what I was thinking when I got dressed.  Other than the fact I was freezing.  I remember that part.  I quickly took off the long sleeved shirt and just put on my sweater to keep me warm. But seriously.  I was a mess.
  • All I wanted to do today was look through knitting patterns online. 
  • I restrained myself and did my work.
  • I'm in dire need of a nice scarf pattern that is simple but not boring.  Suggestions would be lovely.  And I kind of want to get started tonight.  So QUICK suggestions would be even better. :-)
  • I really like pickles.  My friend gave me his pickles from his lunch today because I was in such a bad mood.  He's awesome.
  • I had a weird dream I was trying to find rain boots and snow boots and nobody would let me have any.  They kept trying to sell me really cute high heeled gray boots.  It really irritated me in my dream.  In real life I really do need to find some rain boots and snow boots.  I foresee a Target trip coming up.
Anybody have fun stories to share? 

I think I'm done for today.  There's only so much rambling I can do. 

*Travis

0 comments:

Post a Comment