Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So sing while you have time, let the sun shine down from above*

So, the trip...

Seriously, it was such a lovely vacation.  I'm not normally a hot weather, beach person.  When I go on vacation I tend to like going to visit cities (like New York, London, Edinburgh, etc).  I'm not a big fan of being hot and sweaty, and seeing spiders bigger than my hand (yes, that happened again in Costa Rica)  However, Costa Rica was beautiful, and as I mentioned last post, it was so relaxing to just sit around the pool/beach all day, so it was a nice change to my normal vacations. 

L's in laws own a house in Costa Rica so we stayed there for the week.  It's a cute house with an amazing view! 


Ok not sure why these aren't all lining up together...but you get the idea. 

You can see the ocean from the terrace of their house, but it's even more amazing looking from the beach itself. 



 The water is SO CLEAN (and warm), and the sand was so fine and white.  I can't believe how beautiful it was. 

I ate like a ROCKSTAR when I was there.  I didn't have a single BAD meal.  L's inlaws are some amazing cooks.  They managed to make plain spaghetti and tomato sauce taste like something from a five star restaurant.  For the most part we just ate in (didn't go out for meals very often), but I did manage to try some local cuisine.  This included some really yummy ceviche (we ate the Costa Rican version obviously), and some amazing drinks.  Just look at how pretty they are!


Then, the one morning we went out to breakfast, we were joined by some monkeys.  Here is my terribly unclear picture of the monkey.  It's the weird black thing on the top left portion of the picture.


So, you're probably tired of seeing all these pictures, so I'll end it on a final view of the monsters my niece and nephews in Costa Rica. 


Could they be any cuter?

*Ben Folds

3 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

nice pics...where'd you take that one of H?

S said...

Lisa- I have no idea what its called. The place we went shopping where I bought my purse and you got your wooden bowl. The grassy area in the middle had some random rocks that H got excited over.

pickles and dimes said...

GREAT photos! Am jealous you got to hang out with a monkey. :)

Post a Comment