Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."*


I've been wanting to re-read The Catcher in the Rye for about two months now.  And for some reason, that stupid quote has been in my head the ENTIRE TIME.  So maybe it will get stuck in yours.  (Um, for anyone who hasn't read it, my post title is a quote from there...)

Anyways...

I am currently in the New Brunswick area of New Jersey (man...I sure do get around...).  Anyways, I'll be here for a few days helping out and I'm all alone tonight with no food in the house...so I did something so truly disgusting. 

I went and got a Fat Daryl.  Which is so incredibly yummy...and yet so incredibly disgustingly huge and greasy.  The last time I ate a "fat" sandwich was back in 2003 and yet for some reason I was craving one tonight.  When I went to college, I never managed to eat more than half the sandwich and it was only 6" long.  Now, they put them on 10" rolls. 

I basically just pulled the ingredients out, ate two chicken fingers and 2 mozzarella sticks and maybe 3 fries.  The rest of the sandwich was thrown out (they taste TERRIBLE the next day).  But it was so good.  And now I'm pretty sure I ate my fat content for the year in that one sandwich.  Oh well.  :-)

We're expecting more snow tonight.  I'm getting SO SICK of snow!!! NO MORE!  Please! 

So now I'm wondering how much shoveling I'm going to have to do tomorrow.  Sigh. 

Anyways, almost bed time for me (I'm so lame...).  Just waiting for someone else to show up so I can take a shower.  (I'm supposed to be letting someone in when they get here since they don't have a key...but they're crazy late.  So it's possible the guy who owns this house will get here before K so I can just take a shower and he can let K in.)  Either way.  I'd really like my shower now! 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  Enjoy the new snow!

*Catcher in the Rye

1 comments:

pickles and dimes said...

Those sandwiches look so good, yet so insane at the same time. Mmmmmmm.

Post a Comment