Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something inside says there's something better than this...*


I have decided that all mornings should start with cheesecake.  I watched a friend's kids last night and they gave me a cheese cake from their dinner and OMG it is SO YUMMY.  However, I accidentally left it in my car last night when I got home.  So when I saw it this morning I brought it in with me and said screw it I'm eating it for breakfast. 

Sadly, that has been the high-lite of my day today.  But whatever.  All days should start with cheesecake.  (Also...on a completely related note...I am now trying to figure out when I can schedule to go to the gym again...I think I need it).

Anyways, other than the cheesecake, I have found myself feeling inexplicably sad.  I don't know if sad is exactly the word I'm looking for. Maybe more like "blah", but either way it sucks. 

I have found lately that when I go home to visit family/friends in New Jersey I get really happy to be home.  I love being home, and I never have enough time to see everyone I want to see.  Then, I come back to VA and I have friends here and I love them, but I'm still so sad that I'm not still in New Jersey.  This feeling tends to last for a few days, then I get over it, and I'm glad to be back in Virginia, but I think I'm just ready to move closer to home. 

Which, hopefully is happening in September.  But not sure when I get the 100% approval. 

Also adding to my, "blahness" is the fact that my mom is still in the hospital which totally sucks.  It's crazy.  She went in for a knee replacement and her knee is GREAT.  But she's having some sort of reaction/infection somewhere (I'm still not entirely sure what is actually wrong with her) and has been hooked up to a feeding tube and we have no idea when she is getting out.

I told her to stop faking it and just go home.  She didn't appreciate my humor.  I don't know why not. 

Anyways, so that totally blows.  However, I do have a super cool photo of her knee after the surgery (its even cooler looking than her elbow when she broke it).  Seriously.  It's wicked looking.  (And she totally knows I am putting this on here and thinks I'm really weird...but I just think it's freaking awesome). 


(If you want to see it larger just click on the image)

I think it looks like it should be painful as hell...but my mom is tough and said it feels fine.  Maybe I'm just a wuss? 

One thing making me happier is having my dog back.  He's been scared to leave my side for the past two days (apparently he REALLY missed me the past few weeks) and is ECSTATIC to be PLASTERED up against my side at night.  Super cute. 

So, I'm working on not stressing out over stupid things at work today and just trying to get in a better mood.  We'll see how that goes.

*Five for Fighting

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i guess oscar was traumatized staying with us? :) - J

Post a Comment