Monday, February 1, 2010

Words can only hurt you if you try to read them. Don't play their game.*

I'm still working on the trip pictures, but Costa Rica was AMAZING and I had a wonderful time.  Unfortunately, my camera broke, so I'm having some issues getting the pictures off my camera and I'm so sad I need to buy a new camera.  Argh. 

I went with my sister L and her kids (and her husband joined us half way through the week).  So, I love my niece and nephews, but after spending a week with the three of them I definitely know I am not ready for kids of my own. 

However, my days were crazy relaxing.  I woke up every morning at 5 with the nephews and hung out with them for an hour until everyone else woke up.  We ate breakfast and got dressed for either the beach or the pool.  Hung out at the beach/pool for a few hours and went back for lunch and little H's nap.  After lunch, I usually took a nap myself until little H woke up.  Then back to the pool for the afternoon until dinner time.  And by 9 every night I was in bed (usually even before 9). 

So, I slept a lot and when I was awake, I spent my day in the pool or ocean (or sleeping by it).  And best of all, the resort was in the middle of the rainforest so everything had shade EVERYWHERE so I didn't get burned!  I managed to turn a slightly darker shade of pale...yay me!

I also managed to drink some yummy pina coloda (omg the bartenders at the resort were quite generous with their pour...I had some yummy pina coloda flavored rum). 

Seriously, it was such a wonderful trip. 

Unfortunately, I returned to 14 degree weather in New York and then my train back to VA was cancelled because of the 10" of snow back in Richmond, so I had to find a new train home.  Always fun.  I miss the warm weather.  :-(

Anyways, since I can't post any fun vacation pictures...I'll post some pictures of the fun things I bought. 

Spoiler Alert - if you are in my family or a friend getting a gift from me and don't want to see it ahead of time...stop reading!

So, for my roommate and my sister:

These awesome shot glasses.  They are the same...this shows both the front and back.  I really like them.

For my mom and dad:


This yummy Costa Rican coffee. 

For R:

This awesome beer koozie.  I love the beer logo.  Not entirely sure why (and the beer itself was pretty good too!)

And for myself:

This awesome purse that I'm scared to bring to work because it's going to get so dirty and smell terrible.  So I'm going to save it for a little while. 


And this awesome shot glass...that is randomly made of wood so I'm not sure how good of a glass it will be...but it's still cool looking.

*Zoolander

3 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

We enjoyed having you there! Esp since the boys were bugging you instead of me at 5 am... :-)

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

goodness, how easy it was to post that comment.

Anonymous said...

oops, i missed the spoiler alert before continuing to read. and my gift was first... oh well! can i have the wood 'glass'? that's awesome! i'm jealous and wish i went! - J

Post a Comment