Tuesday, February 23, 2010

But my point of view's forever changed...*


So, apparently I was a lot sicker looking (and sounding) than I thought yesterday because my boss took one look at me and sent me home.  Where I proceeded to sleep all day and still feel like shit when I woke up today.  So I called my boss to say I was going to be late, and she told me to stay home again (seriously I must sound like shit or something because this has NEVER happened to me before). 

I slept a little longer and I'm currently drinking some lemon tea and I feel a lot better than I did yesterday (still not great...but I don't feel like my head is going to fall off anymore...so it's at least an improvement).  I at least have my laptop home with me so I've been answering emails and reading some reports so it's not completely a sick day. 

Anyways, I did have some time yesterday where I wasn't passed out.  During that time I bought some new yarn (I still had my gift card to http://www.knitpicks.com/ from L that she gave me for Christmas) and since she had also given me my trip to Costa Rica it seemed only right to use that money to buy something to make her.  She loved the hat I gave her for Christmas (but not so much the scarf), so I bought more yarn to make another hat and I'm going to make a plain vanilla scarf that is hopefully wide enough and long enough for her :-) 

On a side note, if you knit and want a good website to buy really good quality but CHEAP yarn...check out http://www.knitpicks.com/.  Seriously.  They're awesome.  They're my favorite place to buy yarn. 

But yeah, I think I'm going to go answer a few more emails and then take another nap. I had best be feeling A LOT better by tomorrow!

*Death Cab for Cutie

0 comments:

Post a Comment