Sunday, October 2, 2011

Promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms*

My house is looking a whole lot more put together after this weekend.  I invited some family and friends over on Saturday morning, fed them breakfast, and then put them to work moving and building furniture, hanging pictures, etc.  

I'm still hanging up a few more pictures, but for the most part, the place looks great.  My bedroom looks fantastic.  I still have one more picture to hang above my bed, and I am having a slight dilemma.  The wall is not a normal wall.  I think it may be a brick wall with a layer of drywall or something over it (ha, I know NOTHING about how houses are built, so I may be completely wrong).  It's the connecting wall to my neighbor's house, so it's definitely thicker than normal.  ANYWAYS, I have bent 2 nails trying to hammer them in, so I think I'm giving up on that method.

I have no desire to drill a hole in the wall (and I'm sure J, my landlord is strongly agreeing with that statement), so I'm not sure what to do.  I could use the command strips, but I am a little wary about that (it's a heavy frame, hanging above my head as I sleep...what could possibly go wrong?), or I could just put nothing there.  Blah.  Suggestions????  Ones that don't require drilling a hole, thanks.

*********

I am also in a period of...mourning (for lack of a better word).  I had my Garmin in my running shoes, and my running shoes in my gym bag, but the bag wasn't zipped.  My shoe fell out of the bag on my way to the car one morning so I grabbed it and threw it in the car.  Can we see where this is going?

My Garmin was nowhere to be seen for about a week.  Every morning, while walking Oscar, I would search the area hoping that this would be the day I found it.  Finally, on Friday, I see it laying under the tree next to my car.  


Yeah, that's not going to be doing me any good anymore.  Sigh.  (Also, where the heck was this thing all week???  It definitely was NOT under that tree all week).

I can't afford to buy a new one this month, but I'm hoping to work it into my budget next month.  I feel like I'm running naked without this thing.  It's awful.

**********

Football this year.  It's killing me.  That is all.

*Adele -(I've been listening to her as I unpack.  I just hope I don't start associating her with bad things.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment