Sunday, August 28, 2011

The sad middle class I problems I face

The biggest annoyance about the storm for me last night?  The rain broke my phone.  Argh.  I was on the phone and got out of my car and it got wet and it broke the microphone.

THREE days before my phone is eligible for an upgrade.  

Luckily, I had kept my last phone (I usually donate them when I get a new phone) because the eris had a really crappy alarm clock on it.  So, the Verizon Wireless guy at the store couldn't fix it, but he helped me activate my old phone so I could at least have a phone of some sort (the only downfall to having your cell phone being your only phone).  

However, I don't have any contacts in there from my new phone (so if you gave me your number sometime in the last 2 years or so, I probably don't have it) because the card holder on my old phone is damaged and they couldn't download the contacts onto the new phone manually b/c it's so crappy.  Sigh.  Hopefully, when I eventually get my new phone I can re-transfer them.  We'll see.  I'm special like that and will probably have issues getting that to work.  

But now I'm trying to pick out a new phone.  I had it narrowed down to the Droid 3 and the Samsung Charge, but now I'm seeing the Droid Bionic comes out in about a week and a half, and maybe I should wait and see that one?  

The difficult decisions I face.

Sadly, I won't have my phone in time for Chicago, which is kind of crappy b/c I wanted to be able to use the nav system on my phone.  Blargh.  I may reactivate the phone before going to Chicago and using the awesome cousin's phone as our phone in case someone needs to reach us and my phone for the maps?  Who knows.  (I could just be old fashioned and use an actual paper map, but that seems like a lot of work...).

And yes, I did just write an entire post about my phone.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment