Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm the winner of cards I can't play*

I had to do the "trash run" at work today.  This involves following a truck of material to the landfill and witnessing it go into the incinerator.  Super boring, but necessary for tax purposes.  

However, when I was whining to J that I had to do the trash run today, she thought I was talking about some modified run that was a good workout, but not so much a good run.  And...my new workout has been created.  I'm not sure if I want to thank J for this, or hate her with the fiery passion of a thousand suns (I suppose I should thank her).  Also, you lose cool points if you know where that quote is from.

But, my trash run has been created and will now be incorporated on my low mileage day (ha, who am I kidding, they're ALL low mileage right now...but hopefully that will be changing), which is usually a Wednesday or Friday.  

My plan so far:
Run .25 miles
Do 20 push-ups or 1 minute plank
Run .25 miles
Do 15 burpees

Repeat until completed the necessary miles.  So, on a 2 mile day, that would be 80 push-ups or 4 minutes of planks (or some sort of combinational type thing), and 60 burpees (plus 2 miles), and a 3 mile day would be 120 push-ups or 6 minutes of planks and 90 burpees (plus 3 miles).  

I think I did that math right.  And I may change it up and add in different exercises depending on the run.  But yeah, that's the basics.    

Talk about a trash run.  I'm sore just thinking about it.  

*Rachael Yamagata

0 comments:

Post a Comment