Wednesday, June 2, 2010

She likes the warm feeling but she’s tired of all the dehydration*

I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend!  I worked...but hey...what's a few more days at the office right?  I also had some time off to myself (yay beer!) so it wasn't all bad. 

I have also started a new hobby recently (again with the hobbies!) and I made my mom a birthday gift (I hope she likes it and doesn't think I suck at my new hobby).  I also started my sister L's birthday gift and hopefully will finish it in time.  However, this is my old hobby, so nothing exciting there. 

I've been quite the busy bee.

I've also continued running in the park and it is SO MUCH FUN.  Even when it's completely miserable...it's WONDERFUL!  I've been limiting myself to 2-3 miles so I'm not pushing super hard, however, I've been doing the hilly run so it's a harder 2-3 miles than a normal run is.

Yesterday's run was my toughest run.  It was SO HUMID when I started running (I was soaked about 20 feet into the run...no lie) and it was just so gross.  It started thundering when I was about 1/4 mile into the loop, but I figured it would be fine (and I always bring my phone in case I get stranded somehow) and I would just run a 2 mile loop. 

I love this park and the loop.  The dirth path is about 1.5 feet wide and it's completely covered in trees at all points and it feels like you're running alone in the woods (but there's actually a lot of people so I never feel unsafe) and it's just so peaceful.  I tried to take a picture to show how pretty it is...but it's kind of a sad attempt.  This is the biggest part of the path (almost 2 feet wide here) and it was in the biggest "clearing" so it's not the best portrayal.  However, when I tried to take a picture deeper in...my phone took a blurry green thing.  Apparently the light sucked or something.  SO...kind of an idea. 


So again, this run was so humid and I was so gross and sweaty that I was COVERED in a BLANKET of dead gnats on my face and neck by the time I got back to my car.  The last half mile I was just praying it would start raining (it got all dark and ominous and thundering louder) just so it would cool off.  Sadly, I made it all the way back to my car in this horrible humidity before it FINALLY started raining.

I swear the temperature dropped 15 degrees in a minute.  It was very refreshing (but would have been more refreshing if it had actually rained while I was running). 

Then I went home and sat with my dog as he freaked out over the storm and attempted to bark it into submission.  So not fun. 

Anyways, back to work....but first...

Have a good trip daddy!  Stay safe and see you in about a month or so!

*The Hold Steady

0 comments:

Post a Comment