Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now*

So, you know what's annoying?  Having a Tenacious D song stuck in your head all morning.  Thanks for that one KW. 

However, I DID get to eat a yummy bagel from up north this morning for breakfast.  Not one of those crappy things they call a bagel down here.  So yummy...I miss bagels.  (I've noticed that the majority of the things I miss from up north are all food related items...nice). 

Anyways, I had a lovely weekend.  A and M got married this weekend...and seriously...if you've never been to a Croatian wedding, you don't know what you are missing.  These people LOVE to polka and are damn good at it. 

The wedding was a fun mix of polka music and dance music.  I met some fun people from M's side of the family and had some interesting conversations with all sorts of people. 

And...free champagne all night.  How can you go wrong with that? 

I also got to meet lovely little V and she is even more adorable in person than she is in photos which justs seems ridiculously impossible...but she's pretty much just perfect.  She looks like her dad when she's awake but exactly like my sister when she's asleep.  It's an interesting combination.  :-)

We also celebrated little T's birthday this weekend while I was up there.  The the first day I was up there, she would look at me and run away SCREAMING and go hide her face in her mom's legs.  Apparently I am quite the menacing person (the nephews made up for it by giving me lots of hugs and kisses so that was nice).  However, the next day she was a little overwhelmed with all the people in her house.  I think she decided I was at least someone she had seen before and I was able to hold her without her screaming bloody murder. 

I felt like it was quite the accomplishment. 

It then took me about 13 hours to get home on Sunday.  What a crappy drive.  So glad I'm not going to have to do this for much longer.  Sigh. 

And now I'm back at work with Wonderboy and all the awkwardness that entails.  Two more weeks.  I can do it.

*Tenacious D

0 comments:

Post a Comment