Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Now I'm drunk, and you're insane*

So ever get mad at someone else because they're being themselves?  Or even worse, get mad at yourself for being you?  Because right now?  TOTALLY happening here.  Gah!  (Also, do you know how ridiculous it feels to be mad at myself for something I can't change?).  

Anyways, that's where I'm at right now.  I'm so ready for some time off.  I need to not be around people or something.

I went for a run today, hoping to clear my head.  The weather was perfect, I wasn't hungry (I'm usually ready for dinner by the time I head home, and convincing myself to run while my stomach is yelling for food totally sucks), and was totally in the mood for this run.

The run SUCKED big time.  As in, I was going for a 4 mile jaunt, and it quickly turned into a 2 mile garbage run, that quickly turned into a combination 1.7 mile "jogging" and .3 mile "walking" (I at least still did the pushups at each quarter mile, so I got in 80 pushups).  But, gah! it was awful.

My legs felt not right from the first step, and then just felt shaky after about half a mile (usually how my legs feel after running 8 or 9 miles...not half a mile) and I just hated it the ENTIRE time.  I was miserable and kept looking at my watch hoping I was at the quarter mile markers so I could just stop already.  However, at least my pushups felt ridiculously easy for the first half of the run, and didn't get super hard until the last set.  Maybe I need to increase my reps.  

But yeah, not only am I am mad at myself for being me (and someone else for being them), I then had a shitty ass run that just made me feel worse about myself.  Awesome.  Totally counter productive and not what I had intended when I started out for the run.

Is it Friday yet?

*Jakob Dylan - I randomly heard this song somewhere (no idea where), and can't seem to stop listening to it.  It's practically on repeat in my car.  Go download some Jakob Dylan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment