Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt*

I bought a shirt a few weeks ago at the Ann Taylor outlet that I LOVED in the store.  Which is weird, because it's a wrap shirt, with horizontal stripes, and pretty much everything I HATE in a shirt.  But, it looked SO CUTE, I felt the need to buy it. 

I would link a picture, but I can't find it anywhere online. 

ANYWAYS. 

I got it home and planned to wear it one day last week and put it on, and ugh, it was ugly!  I decided it was those tricky mirrors at Ann Taylor (they get me everytime), and just put it back on top of the dresser to try and remember to return it.

Then, I woke up at 4:30 this morning (I had to be at work super early today), and needed something that matched my navy blue pants (apparently I have misplaced all my matching clothing) and for some unknown reason grabbed that shirt (you try being all rational and smart at 4:30 in the morning). 

I got to work and realized what I was wearing, and I was kind of feeling blah about myself.  I had to present to the CEO, and I felt all ugly, and just stupid in my ugly shirt and I didn't want to be there and I was just annoyed with my 4:30AM self.

Um, I have never received so many compliments on a shirt in a my life before. 

So, now I'm questioning myself.  Do I normally look HIDEOUS in my work clothes (or my normal clothes), and nobody wants to tell me (because apparently I think I look ok?), am I just a terrible judge of shirts??? 

Sigh.  I feel like I should not be allowed to leave the house without someone there checking my outfit each day.  Any volunteers?

*Right Said Fred

0 comments:

Post a Comment