Monday, September 19, 2011

I've had enough of so-so, for the rest of my life*

Hi, I'm still alive!

I finally got cable and internet hooked up to my house yesterday, and I come home from work today, sit on the couch, all excited to watch TV.  And...my TV broke.  Argh.

I have plans to buy a new TV, but I've spent SO MUCH MONEY this past month that I was really trying to hold off until November/December time frame before buying it.  Blargh, I may be buying a new TV this weekend.  Along with some new tires (yeah, I still haven't bought those either).  

However, I did buy a shit ton of furniture this weekend (and spent a shit ton of money doing it).  That all gets delivered this Sunday.  And then I get to spend the rest of my life building it (I bought it from Ikea, I'm cheap like that...and seriously, furnishing almost an entire apartment isn't easy on the budget).

I feel like I'm in this awkard settling stage where, I'm not in a huge rush to finish unpacking anything else.  The house is livable, and the only room still not unpacked is my study (and my clothing is not unpacked, but I'm waiting for my dresser, and I have to paint the other).  However, the study still drives me insane every time I walk by (I have solved this by keeping the door shut at all times...).  

I also find that I'm having to buy a bunch of stuff that I used to own, and yet got misplaced when I moved into the hotel (like a broom, and trash cans, and things like that).  It has not been a cheap process.   

Oscar is also not settling in as well as I had hoped.  Oddly enough, he is not barking too excessively (don't get me wrong, he has his moments), but I was DREADING leaving him the first day here alone.  Yeah, he slept all day.  No worries there.  Ugh, however, the BATHROOM use is KILLING me.  

He has a backyard that he basically refuses to go in.  He will practically cross his legs and do the pee-pee dance and NOT GO. At night, after a few attempts, he will finally give in and go, but I don't really have time to deal with this in the morning, so I put his leash on and take him out front and he will go RIGHT AWAY.  Argh.  What does he have against freedom and going to the bathroom off leash????  I even tried taking him out back with his leash on, still no go.  He is the most ridiculous dog ever.

I'm trying to get a little more decorated in the upcoming weeks, but I'll do the big reveal soon.  (I hope to show my Nerdish-ly awesome bathroom in the next few days, I just need to find a shelf unit of some sort to hold my towels.)

So, yes, moved in and sort of settled.  In need of a new TV.  In need of a new personality for my dog.  In need of someone to unpack my study. That'd be great!

*Sugarland (this song makes me think of summers in Virginia)

0 comments:

Post a Comment