Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's nothing to cry about, cause we'll hold each other soon*

On Friday I had a couple of friends pass on some bad news.  A friend of mine from Richmond lost her husband suddenly Friday morning, another friend of mine told me some bad news about his dad, and another friend of mine had a miscarriage.  So, it was not the most auspicious start to the weekend.

But all the bad news DID give me the urge to see my family, so I made a quick trip home on Saturday morning (I know I had said no driving, but I really wanted to see them).  I drove my sister, JP, and Baby V to the airport at stupid early in the morning and then drove up to my mom and dad's.  

My dad was a little less enthusiastic about seeing me when I dragged him out of bed way earlier than he likes to wake up, to make him take me to breakfast.  In my defense, I had been awake for 3 hours at this point and I was hungry. AND to be honest, I waited a half hour longer than I really wanted to before waking him up.  So, I think I  was a good daughter.  :-)  

Later that night, I hung out with SH and went and saw Friends with Benefits which was surprisingly not as terrible as I was expecting.  I pretty much went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.  I mean, obviously not film of the year or anything, but it had its moments.  Plus, I have a huge girl crush on Mila Kunis and I pretty much geek out over Woody Harrelson, so they made it worth my time.  :-)  Then, Sunday was spent with Bug catching up on everything that has happened in the last few months. 

So, started out kind of sad on Friday, but all in all, I had a really good weekend.  It was great catching up with my friends, and even greater not driving all over the state to see them.  

I sort of slacked on the whole running thing (skipped two of my runs...sigh), but this week should only be in the 90s.  I can totally handle running in that. 

If you're still reading, hope you had a good weekend!

*Death Cab for Cutie (they played "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" in Friends with Benefits.  Just Reminded me how much I love this sweet, creepy song)

0 comments:

Post a Comment