Sunday, July 17, 2011

I broke my own heart*

I have a bunch of unrelated things:

I am so glad that last week is over.  I had to drive to Richmond on Wednesday evening for meetings on Thursday.  The trip took 10 hours because there was an accident on 95, so I got onto 301 and was doing great until I got to the Nice bridge (which is the most in-accurately named bridge ever) where a truck was hanging off the side of the bridge and the bridge was closed.  Apparently, the south doesn't believe in building many bridges, and I had to drive all the way back up to DC and get back on 95 and head back south to Richmond.  It added at least 4 hours to my drive.  I was so irritated.  THEN, the meeting I was supposed to attend got cancelled, so...basically the ENTIRE reason I had driven down was no longer there.  And, I had to drive back home to PA on Thursday evening so I could be 
back in the office early on Friday morning.  I was not a fan.

**********

I went and saw the last Harry Potter movie this weekend, and up until the last half hour, I thought they did a pretty good job (at least better than the first part of book 7).  But UGH to the last half hour.  I don't understand how you can take a great ending in a book and make a movie version that sucks.  It was such a disappointment.  Sigh.

**********

I didn't run a single day last week.  I can tell.

**********

I have some random book recommendations.  

Anything by John Green, especially Paper Towns. (He's actually a young adult author, but he's really good.  He also does my favorite youtube channel with Hank Green, the Vlogbrothers
The Strain and The Fall.  Both are by Guillermo del Torro (the guy that did Pan's Labyrinth) and Chuck Hogan.  There's also a third book in the series, but it hasn't come out yet, so not sure if I recommend it or not.
Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny

So, as I was putting this list together, I realized all of these books were actually suggested/loaned to me by Mike (except The Fall, but I read that b/c I loved The Strain so much, so it probably counts).  So, I guess this is maybe his recommendation list as well?  

**********

Yeah, I'm pretty boring lately.  Nothing super exciting going on in my life.  Hence the lack of posts lately.  

Hope everyone is a lot less boring than I am!

*Pissed Jeans

1 comments:

R said...

you've got to post the picture from the news article with the tractor trailer!

Post a Comment