Thursday, July 15, 2010

You know the type of day you ain't lettin' bad vibes invade your spirit*

Hi people that don't like to read about bras should just stop reading now.  Just letting you know!

I went shopping for some new shirts to wear for work the other night, and decided I really needed a new sports bra because I'm down to only one that I feel comfortable running in.  And even my other crappy ones that I use for the gym are getting nasty.  Hence...need a new one.

Anyways.  I went to Dick's Sporting Goods which usually has the best selection of UnderArmour bras (which are AWESOME by the way).  Except, this time, they didn't really have the best selection.  I was really upset.  Last time I went, they had A LOT of C and D level support bras.  These are the ones that are made for high impact activities like running or jumping. 

Except, this time they only had TWO bras with a C or D rating (as in TWO total in the entire store).  The others are A/B which are low impact like walking or light aerobics. 

Now, if I had no boobs, I could probably get by with those, but I have boobs.  And they like to bounce.  And this hurts. 

So I took the only two bras with me into the dressing room to try them on.  And the first one was AWFUL.  It was labeled as an XL.  Except,  this thing didn't even come down far enough to even begin covering my boobs.  If I wanted to support my neck and upper chest, this would have been a perfect bra for it. 

However, those areas don't tend to bounce or need support so it was completely useless.  I was so confused.  This thing would probably have fit a 12 year old before puberty.  What person with XL boobs is this made to fit?  I even checked the tag to make sure I didn't accidentally grab a small or something, but no, it was an XL. 

We won't even discuss the ridiculous contortions I had to go through to get back OUT of this thing.

So I tried on the other bra which was a L and this thing fit great.  No issues.  Explain this to me please.  Granted, it's a different design, but still, if a L in one type fits normally, but the XL in a different style is comically small...it would appear to be a flaw in your sizing.  Just saying.

Also, mini-rant. 

As I was looking at the bras, they all kept talking about how the bra lifts and seperates while supporting to give shape.  Seriously?  When I run, I don't want my boobs lifted and separated.  I want them smushed as close to me as possible so that I'm not bouncing everywhere.  Am I really so abnormal to want this?  I just thought it was such a weird description for a sports bra. 

So, although I got a new bra, I am very disappointed because I was planning to buy 2-3 and the fact that I couldn't even find that many bras in the store pissed me off.  Apparently only stick skinny girls with no boobs bother to work out anymore? 

*Gym Class Heroes

3 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

agreed...I only buy the kind that fasten in the back like a regular bra. I can't get myself out of any over-the-head bra.

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, man. I have the Champion brand sports bra that goes over your head, and 30 minutes of jogging in 90-degree weather means I practically need another person to help me out of it. It's ridiculous!

R said...

that is hilarious! i mean it sucks & stuff, but definitely cracks me up. i have the lift and separate problem with a non-sports bra - mainly since it does the separate part way too well and it makes me look ridiculous. =)

Post a Comment